- March 6, 2020
- Friday, 6:00 PM to 8:30 PM
Contact event manager
Book your tickets
Rediscovering the Art of Conversation
Friday, 6:00 PM to 8:30 PM
March 6, 2020
Rediscover the Art of Conversation Friday evening, March 6, and Saturday morning, March 7
How do we have difficult conversations about things that really matter to us in a way that respects the dignity of others and self, even when we do not agree?
How do we remain grounded when it is hard to find common ground?
These questions will set the tone for our time in this learning experience at St. John’s UMC, led by Rev. Dr. Craig Gilliam, organizational consultant, educator, and coach, who resides in Shreveport.
In this experience, we will:
- Discuss the Biblical foundation and the theology for “generative conversation”
- Identify a few attitudes and practices to help guide individuals and groups through difficult conversations
- Explore ways to create space for difficult conversations
- Begin to recognize in ourselves indicators when we are at our best and worst in conversational engagements
- And other learnings…
This learning experience will involve both theory and practice, as we rediscover the art of conversation. Guests & Friends – All are welcome!
Friday, March 6
6 p.m. – Registration and light dinner
7 – 8:30 p.m. – Session I
Saturday, March 7
8:30 a.m. – Fellowship and Coffee Time
9 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. – Session II
A nursery will be available.
You may register online at http://bit.ly/artstjohns or complete the registration form in the bulletin and return to the church office by Monday March 2. Registration is $25 (note “Art of Conversation” on your check or in our online giving portal). Scholarships are available.