United Methodist Women (UMW) is an exciting, vibrant organization with more than 800,000 members worldwide who share a common purpose and commitment. At. St. John’s, the UMW is involved in mission activities and mission partnership ventures that are local, national and world-wide.
Our UMW groups raise thousands of dollars each year to support social justice issues and change legislation, systems, structures and practices considered unjust and oppressive.
Current areas of concerns being addressed by UMW are:
- Just Energy for All Sources.
- Clean Air
- Living Wages for All
- Interrupt the School-to-Prison-Pipeline.
The St. John’s UMW circles and our meeting times and locations are:
- Ruth Circle meets on the first Tuesday of each month in the church parlor at 9:30 a.m.
- Mary Martha Circle meets on the second Tuesday of each month in the church parlor at 7 p.m.
- General meetings are held twice a year.
Membership is open to any woman who indicates her desire to belong and to participate in the global mission of the church. Come join us as we work together to serve Christ. St. John’s UMW communicates primarily within its UMW Facebook group.
2017- 2019 Officers:
President: Kathleen Adams
Vice President: Janet Hogstrom
Secretary: Aline Pine
Treasurer: Pat Lively
Mary Martha Chair: Linnie Stickles
Ruth Circle Chair: Pat Lively
Immediate Past President: Pat Cobb