Adult Sunday School Classes
St. John’s has an extensive Sunday School program. Guests and new members are welcome in all of our classes. Many of our classes are meeting in person on Sunday mornings from 9:45 to 10:45.
- A new-in-2022 class meets in the Parlor located on the first floor of the Admin/Education Building. If you want to know more about this class, which is open to adults of all ages, or want to get on the class email list, contact Bobbi Marino (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Jami Prince (email@example.com).
- Young professionals and married or single parents meet in room 206 of the Administration Building
- Professionals, couples and singles with eclectic teaching meet in room 205 of the Administration Building
Love is Love
- Adult group meets in room 206 of the Administration Building. Recognized by Reconciling Ministries Network as a Reconciling Community, the class’ welcome statement is: The Love is Love Sunday school class is a reconciling community at St. John’s United Methodist Church representing and embracing all of God’s children as persons of sacred worth. We celebrate God’s gift of diversity and value the wholeness made possible in community equally shared and shepherded by all. We welcome and affirm people of every gender identity, gender expression, and sexual orientation, who are also of every age, race, ethnicity, physical and mental ability, level of education, and family structure, and of every economic, immigration, marital, and social status, and so much more. We acknowledge that we live in a world of profound social, economic, and political inequities. As followers of Jesus, we commit ourselves to the pursuit of justice and pledge to stand in solidarity with all who are marginalized and oppressed. In the full expression of the radically transforming and all-inclusive love of God as revealed through Jesus Christ, all are welcome!
The Wesley Class
- Adults who meet in room C of the Family Life Center. Our preference is for Judeo-Christian video-based lessons and lectures followed by discussion. In the Wesleyan tradition, we are open and accepting of diverse Christian viewpoints. New members are heartily welcomed.
- We are an adult Bible study class. There are no age limits for this class. All you need is the desire to understand Scripture better. We have studied to whole Bible from Genesis to Revelation three times using the “Genesis to Revelation” Bible study series. We are now studying the New Testament with N. T. Wright’s Bible for Everyone series. There is homework each week to facilitate our discussions. The homework uses the “For Everyone Bible Study Guide.” The class is studying the letters of Paul in the order they were written. Although it is the ninth book in the New Testament, the first letter Paul wrote was to the churches in Galatia – the Epistle to the Galatians. Everyone is invited to join them during the Sunday School hour. The class is taught/moderated by Bill Perry and meets in room E of the Family Life Center.
- Adults of all ages learn and share together in an open and supportive atmosphere. Studies include both Biblical teachings and current topics of interest. In support of St. John’s vision, we are the sponsors of the Wildwood Elementary initiative and assist The Shepherd’s Market and Habitat for Humanity among other missions. Please join us in the church library (room 106 of the Education Building).
- Couples and singles 50+ take on various short‐term studies in room B of the Family Life Center.